Monday, December 20, 2010

An idea of how to get Congress to work together and get things done:

There are many reasons why Congress is actually pulling together to get things done like repealing DADT and working on START, the fact that the new representatives are going to be coming in soon is an incentive but so is the fact that as soon as they get their shit together they can go home and chill out for the holidays. So my idea is this: we make a new holiday that takes place at the end of every month that allows them to go home and have a vacation (I hope you see where I'm going with this). Now, since they get to bounce out of DC as soon as they are done for a week they will have a reason to get things done. We could even BS them more and say that the rest of us get these holidays off too, though we probably won't.

I guess it is sad that I am so excited that the politicians are actually doing their jobs. Now, if they had been working together more maybe not as many of them would have been "fired" like the rest of us would be if we didn't do our job description... And now I've become apathetic again...

No comments:

Post a Comment